Image via Wikipedia
Spring Break Challenge for clients at BAM Fitness Coaching, LLC in Mequon, WI.
As you all know, I’m a huge believer in keeping a food journal. Just by keeping a food log, you’ll eat healthier. Trust me! You don’t have to be perfect, but the more detailed you are, the better idea you’ll get of what you are eating. And, after all, if you really want to lose body fat, healthy eating should be your top priority. Exercise will change the shape of your body and improve your metabolism . . . eating less will help you lose weight/fat. You can keep a food journal online, on your phone, join Weight Watchers, or just write it down in a notebook. Anything works – just track everything! Here are the ground rules for BAM clients . . .
- $20 entry fee
- 10 weeks – Jan 24 through April 1 (Spring Break)
- I’ll take measurements (waist, hip, arm, and thigh) and body weight this week. We’ll check at the end of the challenge to see how you’ve done.
- 20 maximum points per week:
- 7 max points for logging food for the week; turn in food journal weekly
- 6 max points for activity; turn in activity journal weekly
- 7 max points for bonus challenge for the week (I’ll post the weekly challenge).
- No alcohol for the entire week (I’ll make sure this isn’t Super Bowl week!)
- Try a new healthy recipe & report/review
- Sleep – extra ½ hour each night?
- 5 fruits and veggies per day
- No snacks after dinner each day
- Eat breakfast every day with protein
- Find a health-related or weight loss article, read it and share it with everyone.
- 8 8 oz. glasses of liquid a day
Everyone is responsible for keeping track of her own food/activity logs, points, etc. Turn in to me weekly.
Weight & Measurements – I’ll weigh everyone and take measurements when we start and when we end. If you follow the rules above, it’ll show up in the scales and in the tape measure!
Weekly winner – 80% compliance (16 pts) you will be entered in a raffle for a $10 gift card. This will give everyone a chance to win something, including anyone who joins the challenge after it starts. The more often you qualify the more chances you have to win each week.
Grand Prize – all cash that is collected will be used for the point winners . . . 1st place – most overall points for 10 weeks – receives 70% of the pot, 2nd place receives 20%, 3rd place receives 10%.
Honor System – everyone is responsible for turning in weekly journals, including anything for the bonus challenges.
If anyone signs up for Loseit on your iPhone or online (www.loseit.com) let me know. We can be “friends”, which also might help you (& me) be accountable. I’ll be doing this with you (Lord, help me! I hate to track my food!)
Good luck, Ladies!